It's been a long time since I have written a blog post. I think I know why. Normally I write blog posts when I am stressed or have problems with girls. Well, since I'm married I don't really have problems with girls. My wife is amazing and I love her so much. Life couldn't be more blissful. But recently I've gotten a little stressed again.
The topic of time management has come back into my mind. I've been seriously concerned with my own progression as of late. Where on par am I in the gospel and in my personal growth and development? Am I becoming the man that I want to become? Am I following the path that God would have me follow? All these questions and more need answers.
We tend to spend time doing the things that we care about the most. Now, we are able to determine what we care about and often times what we actively choose to spend time in we start caring about more. This is a very good thing. It means that we can change our desires and learn to live better lives filled with more enlightening and positive activities. So, this begs the question, where am I spending my time? Where do I natively put time? I've been spending a lot of time playing Assassin's Creed Three. That must mean that I care about it. I've been playing hockey. I've been playing Frisbee. I've been doing my homework assignments. I've been spending time with Ashley and friends. I've been going to Church. I've been going to class. I've been going to work. But that still leaves a lot of off time. Oh, and I forgot that I go to Morris Code as well. That must mean that I care about all these things. What about when it comes to journal writing? Scripture reading? Service? Active listening in classes and at Church? Am I trying to learn the lessons? Am I trying to become the most faithful member and friend that I can become?
I think the answer is no at the moment. Which means that I need to give myself a serious overhaul if I want to become like the Savior. Here's the priority list. God, my wife, my future kids, my family, work/school, church (yes there is a separation between God and Church but not between God and the sacrament), and all other good activities. How can I re-prioritize my time to follow this list? Let's put Assassin's Creed at the bottom. On top of taking up my time I believe it is making my demeanor less affable. I need to keep reading my scriptures as I've been doing this past week boo yah. I need to spend the majority of my time doing homework and being of service. How can I be of service? Around the house I can clean, which is nice. Around the ward however is a different matter.
What service would be best for the area in which I live? I can make cookies and treats. Do people ever need to just be visited and have a friend? Well we all have spouses here so not likely. But we also need guy time for guys and girl time for girls. Are there any guys that I could provide that guy time with? At least talking about extreme sports, video games, the like? How can I become part of anyone's "in" crowd?
The answer? Just do it. I need to plan it and then just do it. Roger that.
No comments:
Post a Comment