Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Painpoints

One of my new years resolutions is to keep a journal. I have always liked keeping a digital journal because typing is so much faster than writing by pen.

However, I've been talking with my wife about some of my complaints of life. I want to help a lot of people, and I want to do that is through technology. I want to target the pin points in my life and solve them, through some sort of gadget or fix that will help solve that pain point.

One of the first things that comes to my head as way of pain point is to type on the computer while in bed right before I go to sleep. I wish that there were a keyboard on my lap and a monitor on top of my head while it is lying on the pillow. As soon as I am asleep I'd like the monitor to be raised and the keyboard to be out of my way so that I can toss and turn as normal.

Ashley wants to her book to be suspended in air as her head lays down so that she doesn't have to hold the book while lying in a comfortable position.

If you could imagine your life getting better in any way what would you say? I wish I had a ball for a smart phone/tablet/projector. I wish I could just suspend it in air and it would project any presentation or notes that I made. I wish that my mind could recall all notes and things that I have ever learned so that I can use them without taking the time to review poorly made notes. I wish I could read professor's minds. I wish I could prepare for tests perfectly while still studying the material that I care about instead of that which the teacher things is most important.

How could your life improve? Where are your pain points? There are some things that I don't want done away with. For example, I don't want to not be able to take out the trash. It's important to me to walk to the dumpster and dump the trash. I would prefer that not taken care of by some automated system. I love walking when I have to. And I love having those incentives that drive me do to so.

So what are the pain points in my life that I truly want to fix and that I feel would make life so much better if there were only a way to solve them? I wish I could be creative really quickly. I wish I could project a mental picture onto paper instead of requiring the use my fingers to draw it out. That would be a really cool connection to be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment