Today was stake conference and there were a lot! of gems of wisdom which frankly I wasn't expecting to learn. It's so strange how we learn things when we do what we are suppose to even if we aren't prepared for them. We had two general authorities there, that probably contributed to it. A few words of wisdom that I can remember very clearly are:
1) Don't fall asleep. Brother Monday's talk was directed towards telling us all that we can't let the little things slip, we can't fall asleep, otherwise we will end up on a path we never intended to go. He talked about the huge amount of struggles that he had while growing up and I kept thinking to myself, I am soooo freaking blessed. Not only are we not in debt but we have a huge savings compared to normal. But that means I can't fall asleep. I gotta keep trying to get better. I find myself thinking that way towards work and school each day. I keep thinking, oh I gotta do that better, oh I gotta do this better. I gotta be more courageous etc. We need to constantly repent every day so that the next day we work on those faults.
2) We could do so much more, but we are doing better than we think. I find myself thinking this exact same council every day. There is so much we could be doing. There is so much I could be doing to help those around me that I am not. There are so many times that I catch myself thinking, oh you should yell out hi to that person on campus, oh you should check to see if everything is alright with that person. Oh, you should pick that up and throw it away, oh you could volunteer your services with that. There are a lot of fears that follow these thoughts that stop me. One of the main things is, when referring to asking if people are okay, is that usually it's a girl that looks like they could use the kind word, but I would find that very inappropriate of myself. My devotion to my wife is 100%, and I wouldn't want to ever be in a position where someone could question that devotion, but at the same time, people need to be comforted and asked if they are okay. That'll be something I should pray and talk to my wife about.
A lot of good things are happening, and I can constantly do better. There is just a lot to think about and a lot of goals to be aware of. God, Family, School, Work, Church... priorities, balancing, and juggling.
No comments:
Post a Comment