I just keep falling for Javascript. It really feels like the coolest language, and I love programming in it. I'm just not super duper good at programming in general. Today I learned a few of my limitations. I don't fully understand why people organize the data in the way they do. Perhaps my brain just doesn't think on the same plane as the geniuses out there or what, but there is lots of code written that frankly I just don't understand. I don't understand why they had to do it the way they did. What makes their way so robust? Or is that just how they think about solving problems?
I worked on the Salesforce endpoint today on how we will receive the api from Prosper that we need to. It was really fascinating how quickly the time flew when I was concentrating on it. Before I knew it I looked up and the time was 5:00. Programming is definitely my favorite thing. The time flies. Perhaps I need to go back and get a CS degree so that I can learn these skills better.
I worked a lot on the json piece of putting together the packages during the exchanges. There is lots of stuff that goes into them and we need to create both endpoints exactly right otherwise they won't understand the exchange. The problem that I am running into is the decision between dynamic code v hard coded values. I would like a fair few of the features to be dynamic, but I can't think like that. That is considered pre mature optimizing. I need to put in the blank values and then fill in the dynamics after the fact.
A project that keeps pulling me in is the ability to display the metadata in an easy to user interface to be able to track down Salesforce components. I would like to have a gui in front of me of bubbles which display each component. If you click on one of the components it will zoom into the bubble and display new bubbles that tie to that one. Basically, I want a quick way of being able to see all dependencies very quickly, and have it auto generate nightly so that it is always up to date. Perhaps I can take a step back and create a batch job which automatically updates that on the server nightly. Then I can just pull it down every day so that it is the most up to date that it can be. Perhaps that is the way to go, then worry about the fancy tidbits after the fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment