Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wishes

Shannon just texted me telling me to make a wish at 11:11:11 today on the 11th of January in 2011. That is a lot of ones!

I'm surprised at how many of my wishes fail. I have wished for so many things in my life ranging from living in a different place to having special powers or using technology that doesn't exist etc. There are many things that we can wish for but we have also have to work towards that goal. I saw a robot which was made that can actually simulate human movement, walking, and responding to commands. If you break down the problem into many smaller problems and have them all work together this is very easily possible. It just takes time, effort, and funding haha.

It makes me think about designing. I was watching inception when Leonardo says that it is more of a discovery process, just like writing in fact. Working on my book, "Wings", I've come to realize that if I were to put in all the research and do everything the professional way I would end up spending so much time that I don't have and slash don't want to use at this time in my life. I would also have to call upon resources to which I do not have access which is also a pain in the but. The possibility is there and the problem has already been divided within my mind that I could accomplish the task even if it isn't worth it to do. I'm also writing this web page for one of my classes and the possibilities seem endless. I find that I am discovering the web page as I code it or try out different ideas. If I do something that I don't like I change the format which gives me another idea, all part of the creation process.

What I am saying is that my wishes are not idle dreams. We have to pursue them. One of my best friends Mike is always telling me to pursue my dreams and wishes. He is such a support to me. I think that we should all support each other in these ways. We all have dreams and wishes and we just need people to believe in us that we can do it. It will give us the encouragement and allusion to be able to do it. It's absolutely fantastic what we can accomplish at a group effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment