Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In a Bind

Do you ever find yourself in a bind?

You've lost all you courage and desire and you just don't know why? After lots of talking with friends I've come to a conclusion. I really am saddened by the end of good things. It's hard for me to confront them. The ward is about to be dissolved and I have met so many amazing people that have made such impacts on my life and it is hard for me to let go. I find that at the end of choir concerts or wards or missions, all of the above, I shrivel up and slowly shrink away. I close down connections. I disappear. It is so hard for me to go out with a bang. It's hard for me to take courage until I am literally in the new situation. My faith dwindles...

Nicole sent me a quote from Either 12 talking about faith. I re realized how much I need faith, not just in the Lord but faith in general, in my life. Sometimes it is not good to plan out the end of a good thing. We just need to reach for the beginning and then let the miracles happen. If it isn't a good thing than we shouldn't do it. If it is a good thing and someone bad happens, you work from there, but you can't let the fear of something bad coming out of a good thing stop you from trying to initiate the good thing, if that even makes sense.

I love stories. And one thing I'd really like to get good at is telling stories. I'd like to increase my faith, my patience, my temperance, my diligence, my charity, and my hope. The only thing I feel to have right now is the hope to have hope, but thanks to Christ, that is enough.

Thanks to Him it is always possible. It is our duty to change and become more like him, full of hope, patient, long suffering, meek, humble. All things are possible to those who believe. So increase the belief. :) It isn't that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment