Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Overanalysis

I analyze everything! Why? I have no idea. I was probably born this way or grew up learning to do so. I still wonder why.

This gets me into trouble. When I arrive at a party I start analyzing. I can't just enjoy the things that are happening. How can I loosen up and become one with my inner self? Why can't I just enjoy myself?

It feels really good writing this down by the way haha. I feel like writing about stuff is one way to release tention or one way of being super honest with myself. Writing things down makes life easier for me and it clears my heart and my conscience.

I love listening to music. It just makes me so happy.

So I have this problem with giving off an air of disappointment. I'd like to say that I am often times disappointed with myself because I feel I can't do many things right but that is so not true. I just have to remember that I can honestly do some things right and that I am working on other things.

1) I can't get so upset so easily. Who cares? Life goes on.
2) I need to be more patient and diligent.
3) I need to ask God for help more constantly and frequently.
4) I need to increase my love for others and notice the good things that they do and how I can emulate them. I need to compliment them and return the service that they render to me.
5) I need to learn to appreciate compliments given to me.
6) I need to learn not to take offense so easily.
7) I need to learn not to care what others things of me.
8) I need to say what I mean and mean what I say.

Despite the fact that I have a ton to work on I am also doing quite a few things right, and these are the things that I should really focus on and realize that they are very important parts of my life. Balance!

1) I am willing to try new things.
2) I see myself giving way for humility frequently these days.
3) I can plan well for myself.
4) I have good hygiene despite being single.
5) I wash my own dishes!
6) I can do my own laundry.
7) I have a job and I am determined to be there on time every day and never let my employer down.
8) I have the desire to continually working on guitar and piano and hockey and frisbee.
9) I do have lots of energy.
10)I can consciously get plenty of sleep.
11)I am healthy and active.
12)I can get excited about the small things.

There is a piece of my patriarchal blessing that comes to me. "Don't depend on others for your strength." This advice seems to get neglected by me too often. I need to hold it at the root. I can't keep thinking so much about stupid things. I can put my faculties towards other things. I hope to exercise and grow that ability. Let's look at some of my progressions. What have I learned to do throughout my life?

I once got a 5 on a spelling test, out of 100! I only spelt one word correctly out of 20. These days I can see typos and grammatical errors in literature and other written works that I read. That's impressive.

That makes me really happy! :)

Plus I am going to go guitar shopping tomorrow. That is something super to look forward to.

Life is positively delicious and invigorating! Why can I not keep up this thought process at all times? Another thing to work on! haha! All it requires is a little preparation and implementation.

No comments:

Post a Comment