So the Rumors are true. I found my true love. I'm engaged. I never thought that this day would be so close. It feels like my life has now accelerated beyond the speed of light. Will I ever be able to keep up with it? I have no idea.
Everything that I have written out on this blog when it came to finding my true love has come true. At least I think so. Maybe I have written some stuff that I don't even remember because I am so hopelessly in love. My friend Garrett made the comment this morning, "You made it look so easy." It's suppose to be easy. I was stressing out yesterday morning while I was talking with my mom and she said, "You're making things complicated. Just simplify them."
It's suppose to be easy. We go on dates and we find someone that we enjoy being friends with. That friendship blossoms into love. Once you become lovers and are dating you find out if you can work with this person. Friends don't need to work together. They just need to have fun together. Lovers do. Once you find out you are compatible at loving each other you get a confirmation and then you go for it. If it ever becomes complicated then you've lost sight of the simplicity, the simplicity that makes it possible in the first place.
So now we need to define some terms. What are friends? What are lovers? What does it mean to be compatible at loving each other?
When it comes to friends, you tell me. What are your friends like? Do your guy or girl friends care about you? Do they do things for you? Do they serve you? Do they compliment you? Do they give you presents? Do they spend time with you? Do they talk with you? What do you do for them? All these same questions should be asked in the reverse situation. Once you have defined what your friends are like. What do you want your friends to be like? What type of friend do you want to be like?
Find a friend who you are attracted to that fits this new definition. I found mine :). And she's perfect for me. Make new friends! The key is the action word find. How do you find new friends? That can be addressed later. I almost want to write a step guide on how to get married now. That's jumping ahead...
Now once you found a friend that you enjoy spending time around and you are attracted to get in a relationship. What does this relationship mean? It means that you're committed to working together. Being a boyfriend or girlfriend means that you should experience the small things in life together like inconvenience, sickness, health, laughter, stress, perhaps the doctor, grocery shopping, cooking, tiredness, relaxation, sports, and all the other stuff together. This is what being a relationship is about. How well do you work towards goals together? Do you support each other?
I tend not to work well with others. Just ask my mission companions. I have set ways of doing things that I think are the most efficient. But that is not always the case. I need feedback from others to tell me how I can improve my methods. I need to be a philosophical dialog with those around me to determine the best means to an end. That is even more my nature than not working well with others. But that is what my mission taught me. It taught me to love and learn from others. It taught me to be teachable and to help others with their goals. It taught me that when I keep in mind their desires and their wants we can accomplish anything. That's what made me want to be a dream builder. I have a very good sense of diligence when it come to other's goals. At least I'd like to think so.
Now once you are working well with this person and they are your friend, why not get married? Any objections?
I have no objections ;)
ReplyDelete