My yesterday was smashing. It was filled with lots of love, lots of work, exercise, stress, and relaxation. Who'd have thought that so much could happen in one day.
First off, my fiance', Ashley, gave me lots of kisses. Chocolate Hershey's kisses. Enough to last me for an entire year! Pictures will follow when I can take pictures. Kisses are like my favorite candy ever. I love her so much.
I may have fractured my hand while playing hockey. Their offense came into our defensive zone with puck in hand, just him and the goalie. The other defender and I were right behind him. My fellow defense got his stick right on the puck but while bringing it back out their offensive man got caught and started spinning around. Next thing I know it he was on the ground sliding towards the wall and I am right behind him with no way to stop. My skates hit his body and I start flying. The next thing I know my hand hits the wall straight on. Even a glove can't save a hand at that speed. Then my helmet hit the wall and I was down on the ground. It was amazing! For a couple of seconds I was just limp on the ground. I finally got up, the whistle had blown for my line to leave the ice, and as I got up I realized what had just happened. I kept my hand limp as I made my way back to the bench. I arrived and took off my glove. What is the next thing that I do being my dad's and mother's child? I start stretching it. I start locating the pain so that I can massage it. I take off the glove and slowly rotate so that I can locate the beacon of fire pulsing through my hand. Finally I get all my movement back and I find out that the pain is next to my wrist pinki side. Within 2 minutes I am ready to play again. I finish up hockey and return home. My wrist now only feels bruised. When I apply pressure it flares up again but when I move it around it's great. Thank goodness for basic medical technique. I knew there was a reason I got my life saving merit badge.
The importance of groups keeps weighing down on my mind. It is important for us to be a part of groups. I really need to post more pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment