I actually made a goal at work to write somewhat of a journal with the main intention to strengthen my vocabulary. Honestly, I can say that my ability to spell has increased much thanks to the use of computers. I don't just use spell check but I also remember after I've spell checked something so that I can write it correctly the next time I utilize said word.
Life is absolutely amazing. School is about to start tomorrow finally. It feels like it has been a long time since I have attended university, an entire summer to be sure. When I got home from my LDS mission to Italy I attended school year round and so this has been the first time for a while in which I haven't worried about some future due date. If this is how life outside college is chain me to a wall and give my my degree.
Ashley is the love of my life. I learn that more and more every day. A couple of weeks ago we woke up and were preparing for church when I thought... I want to make a big breakfast. So I did. We constructed a wonderful meal out of ham, eggs, and pancake batter! It was glorious. I realized that no one made this breakfast for me. It was only us. I texted my mom to thank her for all the Wednesday mornings in which she made me big breakfasts and I felt so proud to be her son an in the responsible position in which I find myself currently. After all was said and done I responded with a final comment, "My marriage would not have worked out so well with any other girl." And I mean that with all my heart. I love her.
At work we are using a design that I made for a new website which is kind of nerve wracking, since a whole lot of people are going to see it. I'll probably hear comments about it when it's finally up and working. I'm kind of nervous.
This semester is going to be quite easy. Let me explain. I already know how to program and I am very good with finances. Two of my classes are regarding those principles. Two of the other classes are religion, in which case I only need to study, and the final class is History of Philosophy 2. I used to be a philosophy major and have read all the works that we will be studying, and quite recently too. Besides school I will be working 20 hours at the bookstore, playing hockey once a week for a team in the local city league, and I will be playing Ultimate Frisbee in one of the most competitive non professional programs in the country. This time of my life is so exciting due to all these events occurring. I hope to get a ton of pictures and keep the blog up to date.
I just finished creating a program that will allow me to keep track of all the hymns I pick during church. That way my ward can be introduced to a new variety of music. Each song is mapped to the topics concerning it as well so that I can match it up to the topic being spoken about in church. I'm happy with it. I wonder why the church doesn't set up a management program online for people with my calling, Ward Music Chair. Which reminds me, very funny story. When I was being set apart for the calling the second counselor in the Bishopric, speaking on behalf of God, told me not to essentially, "hog", the calling. Let's understand, I love singing, and I love performing. So way funny right? I'm trying to take that to heart. Maybe I'll give me a musical number once a semester. That doesn't sound too bad right?
I'm so excited for this next semester/season. It's going to be AWESOME!
I'm so happy for you. I've got to meet this girl!
ReplyDelete