Yesterday I was handed a flyer that informed me of a contest using IMovie to create a theme "Everyone Deserves a
Second Chance". I was chatting with my friend David and we came up with an interesting idea. The winner gets a free IPad. The movie can only be 3 minutes long, is due October 15th and has a 10 dollar submission fee.
Idea Number 1
Make a collage of newspaper and ancient records for BYU team and have a narrator describe the efforts and abilities of the team coming together to get a second chance.
Idea Number 2
Have a student that wakes up and starts his day off as normal only to the audiences painful understanding that he wants to commit suicide. Someone saves him and gives him a second chance.
Idea Number 3
Have a narrative of a courthouse scene where a boy is being accused of horrific deeds and actions, a lawbreaker. Have the prosecutions voice clear the boy's charges.
Scene one: This video is not real. It is the portrayal of a false situation where a boy is given a second chance.
Scene two: Black screen with words "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. -Jesus"
Scene three: Words with bike ride.
Overlapping commentary.
"Your honor, the charges to this boy, Michael James the Third consist of the following illegal actions; breaking and entering, robbery..."
"Thank you your honor. The defense would like to call Mrs. Haylee Davis, the daughter of the late Josy Fairbanks, to the stand."
"Your Honor. We move for an adjournment of a day to review the present evidence."
"Michael, what happened the evening of the 15th of October 2010?"-Defensive lawyer
"Mr. Jamison, you have been charged with breaking and entering on March 4, 2010. It is alleged that on this date you entered the home of one Josy Fairbanks and took some bread and fruit from her kitchen, which items did not belong to you. You had no permission for this action and were therefore trespassing illegally. How do you plead?"
"Your request is denied Counselor. The proceedings will continue as normal."-Judge
"Raise your right hand. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you God?" -Secretary
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I was hungry. I was wondering along Elm street looking for a spot to sleep at. I saw a house that looked inviting and my tummy growled. I saw an opening in the basement and took my chances. I made my way up the stairs onto the first floor and went to the kitchen. I took some food from the pantry and ate it. It was really good. I heard a noise from the other room and decided to run. Before I knew what was happening I was down the stairs and trying to get out of the basement. I heard a crash behind me but was so scared. I had to run. Please forgive me. I was only hungry, only hungry."
'Crying' -Michael Jamison
"Josy was my mother. She was 90 years old, living in her comfortable home.
No comments:
Post a Comment