The more I think about this "fosterer of heroes" the more I enjoy the idea. Which leads me to what... what is a fosterer of heroes? What defines one?
This particular fosterer wants to create heroes by putting them in situation that test their will and courage. This means that the story could be taken at a very local degree. What types of situations can test a hero? There are million.
My mind just went blank. It seems to be very hard for me to focus on this situation/dilemma.
Ever since I was little I've had music around. My little sister is mentally handicap and we have found that music helps calm her down or wake her up. For this reason I can always remember music in my life. Even now I'm listening to Enigma... just for background music but my mind gravitates towards the beats and the instruments and thinking about the music and my history with it. It brings back so many memories that books could never contain.
There are a lot of things to think about in this world. There are a lot of decisions to be made and a lot of repercussions to endure.
Sporadic!
There was this one time after watching Dragon Ball Z after school in Texas when I really wished that I could learn how to fly or that I could center my energy to feel presences around me. I went outside to our swimming pool and sat on the diving board thinking about it. Thinking about my body and the different components and muscles, veins, arteries, blood flow, tinges, twinkles, reflexes, and memory that my body had and I tried to use my mind to navigate between the threads and fibers of my being. I found out that it was very possible to concentrate. After months of similar exercises I was even able to stop thinking altogether. It was the only method to get to sleep without my mind bursting into a million thoughts. I am afraid to admit that I never learned to fly :(. I thought it was so possible with every string and cord of my being. I had so much willpower for it and so much faith in the possibility.
It got me thinking about faith as an eternal principle. By faith things get done. Were it not for the slightest inkling of faith and the exercise thereof we could never have invented shoes or trains or computers or jets or space flight. Thanks to faith all these things have come into existence. Traditions and festivities, celebrations and dinner parties, dances and music, would cease to exist without faith.
I exercised faith that day. Faith in flight... and guess what. It didn't save me. Faith in Jesus Christ is not like that faith. It's a sure faith upon which if we build ourselves we shall never fall. I think that the principles of faith and hope are important in this life but they will not save us.
"I know you... your past... your future."
"Looks like you mashed some poor fellers dog sarge..."
"Simba!!!"
"I'm in trouble."
"Best day ever!"
"Joseph, Mi sono scivolato."
"We traveled East, always into the East."
Oh the beauty of quotes... Ahhh!!! I think I'm going crazy. Can my mind stay on task?
Well, I got 2 of those quotes right off the bat! (I think...) Oh, and the song lyrics from your previous post :P
ReplyDeleteHow I hesitated, now I wonder why, it's a brand new daaaaaay...
It'd make sense since it goes like this...
ReplyDeleteHalo 3
Starcraft
Lion King
Aladin
Tangled
The Restoration in Italian
Diablo 2
Oooh, Aladdin! I missed that one... I would have gotten it in person. Maybe.
ReplyDelete