It has been a very long time since I have made a blog post. I wonder why that is. So much has happened since my last. I think that one of the main reasons that I used to write so many blog posts was to get girl thoughts out of my head and onto paper so I could categorize them and distinguish between them and draw conclusions. I'm pleased to say that I love my wife so much and haven't had any girl problems since then that I have drastically dropped in blog posts.
I made it into the ISys program at BYU. That means Information Systems. For those wondering what on earth that could possibly mean, how can we create systems that bring together collected data and then create information, which can then be used to make better business decisions? This means that I will be programming in Java. It has been a while since I have programmed in Java but I think it will be fun to get back to a language that has types. PHP doesn't have types as we know them and so it has been rather difficult to program, not knowing what any variable is going to be. I wish there were some sort of stack trace I could use. Luckily print_r comes in handy when trying to find a type in php because it prints all the attributes and methods of whatever variable you put into the parameters.
I've just been working along at American HealthCare Lending. I am very pleased with my progress as a programmer. However, I wish I could increase my progress as a husband and neighbor. I find that I shy away from service so much these days compared to how I used to be. It's really sad to me.
For school I bought a new computer that features an i7 and 8 gigs of ram. It also contains an Nvidia GT 740M video card which I can use to play games again. Woot! I'm learning all of its features slowly and surely.
School is great. Work is great. Life is great. I don't really have any topics on my mind that I feel like I need to discuss or put down on html, so peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment